FAT BURNING RECIPE #4
YOGURT- AND CURRY-SPICED CHICKEN AND SAUTÉED SPINACH
Research has shown mustard seed to raise metabolic rate, giving an extra boost in the metabolic rate rise from the chicken. A recent study published in the journal Clinical Nutrition reported that meals high in calcium significantly boosted metabolic rate more than meals with less of this mineral.
● 2 6-oz chicken breasts
● 6-oz container organic plain Greek yogurt
● 1 tsp turmeric
● 1 tsp cumin
● 1 tsp fennel seed
● 1 tsp mustard seed
● 5 oz spinach (uncooked)
● 1 tsp olive oil
● 4 sprigs cilantro
● Salt and pepper to taste
1. Marinate chicken in blended yogurt and spices for at least one hour and no more than four. Heat grill or grill pan to high heat and oven to 400 degrees.
2. Sauté spinach in olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Keep warm. Take chicken out of marinade and grill on high heat to get grill marks on both sides, then place in oven.
3. Cook until the internal temperature of the chicken is 160 degrees, about 20 minutes.
4. Let chicken rest for 5 minutes before cutting into thin slices. Place sliced chicken on top of the spinach. Garnish with cilantro.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 294 calories, 51 g protein, 8 g carbs, 6 g fat, 2 g fiber, 5 g sugar, 153 mg sodium
Recipe taken from Muscle Fitness Hers.