Fat Burning Recipe #2
Here’s the second in the series of fat-burning recipes promised last week.
ASPARAGUS SOUP WITH CHICKEN AND BROWN RICE
As an added metabolic booster, this recipe provides ginger, which has been shown in research studies to directly elevate metabolic rate and fat burning, as well as blood flow to muscles.
● 1 tsp olive oil
● 1 medium yellow onion, finely diced
● ½ cup brown rice, dry
● 4 oz cooked chicken breast, diced
● 1 tbsp chopped ginger
● 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
● 12 spears asparagus, sliced thin
● 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Heat a saucepan to medium-high heat. Add olive oil and onion, and cook until light golden brown.
2. Add chicken breast, ginger, rice and chicken broth. Bring to a boil and then lower to a simmer. Cook soup for about 30 minutes or until rice is cooked through. Add water if more broth is needed.
3. Mix in asparagus and cook for an additional 3–4 minutes or until it’s bright green. Garnish with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 275 calories, 29 g protein, 27 g carbs, 6 g fat, 4 g fiber, 4 g sugar, 250 mg sodium
This recipe taken from MuscleAndFitnessHers.